Principals Australia Institute (PAI) is pleased to launch the 2018 John Laing Awards for Professional Development.
The annual John Laing Awards for Professional Development acknowledge principals in every state and territory who demonstrate outstanding leadership in providing professional learning in schools. They celebrate the contribution of school leaders who have undertaken professional development, and supported the professional learning of teachers and other school leaders.
The Awards were set up in 2004 in honour of John Laing, a former Tasmanian school principal worked for PAI (then the Australian Principals Association Professional Development Council) in 1993. He was the driving force behind the first cross-sectoral professional learning projects for all principals in Australia, and was a pioneer in recognising excellence in educational learning for school leaders.
How to nominate a principal
Nominations for PAI's John Laing Awards for Professional Development must be made through the nominee's relevant principal association. Principal associations will then put forward a chosen candidate to PAI. Click here for the Awards Criteria Form.
- Nominations open: May 2018
- Nominations close: 30 June 2018. All materials to be sent to PAI by: 31 July 2018
- State events: during Oct/Nov 2018
- WA - Tuesday 16 October, 7am for 7.30am, University Club of WA, Banquet Hall South
- NT - Cocktail
- SA - Wednesday 31 October, 7am for 7.30am, Adelaide Oval, Function Room One
- ACT - Thursday 8 November, 7am for 7.30am, Canberra Southern Cross Yacht Club, Lotus Room
- QLD - Monday 5 November, 11.30am for 12pm, Royal on the Park, Bristol Room
- VIC - Thursday 15 November, 5pm for 5.30pm, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Frank Tate Room
- TAS - Friday 16 November, 4.30pm for 5pm, Hotel Grand Chancellor, Harbour View Room 2
- NSW - Monday 26 November, 11.30am for 12pm, Mecure Hotel, Wynyard & St.James Rooms
Forms to complete
Please complete the following forms:
Completed forms should be accompanied by a digital portrait photograph of your nominee (minimum 4x6 inches in size, 300 dpi in resolution, plain background).
You may wish to use the L5 Framework document as a reference for the nomination process.
Find out more about the awards and the recipients from previous years.
For further information, contact:
General Manager, Marketing & Brand
Principals Australia Institute
P: 08 08 8394 2100